It is our aim to be honest and open about how we handle personal information and to install full confidence in our customers that our policies are sound and responsible. a2zwireless.com is committed to handling information responsibly and collecting only information that is necessary for the products and services we provide. a2zireless.com abides by Canadian privacy legislation - the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) and the Personal Information Protection Act (“PIPA”).
A2Z / a2zwireless.com:
a2zwireless.com is a marketer, dealer, retailer and wholesaler of unlocked GSM phones, accessories and FIDO services in Canada. Additionally, we deal with consultants and third parties that may have limited access to information we collect. Information is disclosed on a need to know basis. We require contractors to acknowledge that they are PIPEDA compliant.
What personal information A2Z collects, why A2Z collects it, and what A2Z does with it:
a2zwireless.com collects personal information necessary enable us to provide to you the products and services you order or request on our site. This includes personal information:
- Necessary for our suppliers of goods and services (such as Fido Solutions Inc.) with the information they need to open accounts in your name, complete orders you have made, and ensure payment
- Necessary to provide you with newsletters and other updates you request;
Some examples of the type of personal information we may collect for those purposes include:
- Telephone Number
- Credit Card Information
- Driver’s License Number
- Banking information
- Social Insurance Number
a2zwireless.com collects this information for the purposes of:
- Filling (and having its suppliers fill) your orders and requests for goods and services – including performing credit checks
- Providing you with newsletters and updates
- Performing internal accounting and auditing Compiling and generating general demographic statistics (in which case all personally-identifiable information is removed).
a2zwireless.com discloses the personal information so collected only to those of its suppliers which provide the goods and services you request, and only for the purposes of filling such requests and orders (and performing credit checks before doing so), performing their own internal accounting and auditing, and compiling their own depersonalized statistics.
Your Consent to our collection, use and disclosure:
Holding Personal Information:
The following are A2Z’s policies with respect to holding and protecting personal information:
- Paper-based information is very limited: we convert to electronic format and shred the paper copies whenever possible
- Credit card and Social Insurance Numbers are kept only as long as it takes to approve a client's credit. Once this happens the information is permanently deleted.
- During the time the Credit Card and SIN information is held it is protected with 128 bit encryption and accessible only through a stringent password system.
- All electronic personal information is accessible only to authorized individuals with assigned usernames and distinct passwords.
- Electronic information is transmitted through secure lines.
- All contractors and employees are trained and knowledgeable regarding A2Z Wireless's privacy policies, and have agreed to abide by them.
Disposal of Personal Information:
a2zwireless.com has a strict policy on the retention of personal information. Sensitive information including credit card, social insurance number, driver’s license numbers, and bank account details are held only as long as they are needed to fulfill an order. We aim to keep this information no longer than one week and usually is only required for a period of 1 to 3 days. Other personal information collected by a2zwireless.com is retained for a longer amount of time for reasons listed under the heading "What personal information A2Z collects, why A2Z collects it, and what A2Z does with it". After a period of 24 months all information relating to your account will be disposed of unless there are reasonable grounds for retaining the information for a longer period.
Any paper documents containing personal information are put through a high power shredder at time of disposal. All electronic information is deleted from our system and old computers have their hard drives destroyed at the time of disposal.
Access to Information and Consent:
Your personal information can be accessed at any time by calling a2zwireless.com and positively identifying yourself, we will disclose any and all personal information we retain. You can also request for us to modify the information we retain if it is inaccurate. Finally, you also have the right to withdraw consent from a2zwireless.com. Any of these things can be done by email or letter to the a2zwireless.com Privacy Officer.
Would you like to contact us?
105 - 1104 Hornby Street
Vancouver, BC - V6Z 1A8